Ericsson Optical Networks (ON) Planner
All pictures © Ericsson
The Ericsson ON Planner is a
multi-layer multi-technology network planning tool that helps Network
Operators to plan, to develop, to manage and to upgrade their transport
Product description overview
The goal of ON-Planner is to maximize both the quality of
service and the network resources. ON-Planner is the optimum tool
for planning and simulating networks that requires an automated control
plane (ASTN/ASON/GMPLS), or have challenges on Optical design (photonic
networks), or demands a complex interaction among services and network resources
offer the flexibility of manage a multi-layer’s transport and provides the
benefits of adopting Traffic Engineering’s policies to emulate all network that
demands a control plane to optimise the resource utilization.
features and benefits for ON Planner include:
- ON Planner is the optimum tool
to plan and simulate networks that offer TDM services eg OMS 3200 or Ethernet
services eg OMS 1400 family.
- ON Planner optimizes the
traffic matrix providing and optimum network configuration that satisfy the
customer’s TCO and realize OPEx saving.
- ON Planner generates a
bill-of-materials (BOM) of Network Elements at each node of the network and it
establishes traffic and composition rules.
- ON Planner analyses the
network topology based on traffic matrix rules and determines the overall cost
of the network.
- ON Planner analyses the
network solution at physical level assessing all the optical parameters
used to evaluate the span budget
- ON Planner is the tool for
planning an optical packet transport using PWE3 and MPLS-TP technologies
networks planning needs to take into account both the Routing
Wavelength Allocation (RWA) and the physical impairments.
helps carrier to analyse photonic networks, with or without a control
plane, in an optimal way, that is, minimizing the resource needed to
obtain a given quality target.
All pictures © EricssonThe main applications are:
- Capacity Planning
- Bottleneck Analysis
- Availability Analysis
- Network Configuration Upload
- Network Element configuration files generation and validation
- Network inventory
- Open interface (XML) towards OSS;
- Failure simulation and ‘what if’ Analysis
- Routing and Wavelength Assignment (RWA) for photonic networks
- Physical impairments management, automatic and optimized allocation of 3R and other impairment compensator
- Automatic Node and Network Bill Of Material (BoM) generation
Planning the needed capacity of a network from scratch
ON Planner enables to perform the capacity planning describing the resources needed, and provides as output the BoM required to be purchased (ports, fibers, transponders, DCF Modules).
The parameters needed are:
check of the network status With the ON Planner is possible to get
updated snapshot of the network status, from the OSS via XML interface.
These snapshots can be used to:
- The traffic matrix
- The physical topology of the network
connectivity among the network elements the required network
survivability policy eg number and type of the failure(s), e.g. double
links failure, single SRLG failure, …
- The list of network/tributary interface
- Perform ‘what if’ analysis simulating failures or planned works
- Verify if there enough resources to accommodate new traffic request, that is done
- Applying a new or modified traffic matrix to the snapshot
- Check if the network status is in line with the forecast The following picture illustrates the network planning process.
Element Configuration Management
- RWA for
- ON Planner
Ericsson OMS Product Range
Ericson MINI-LINK Product Range
Documentation & Downloads
© Ericsson - All pictures