iPhones and Cel-Fi
Does your iPhone still display low signal after installing a
Cel-Fi RS2 signal booster? Did you notice that the iPhone signal bars are
not the same as other handsets?
One reason is because the iPhone measures your signal differently
than other handsets. Even if your Cel-Fi booster is installed correctly
and the service you experience is substantially improved, your iPhone
may not show you these improvements in relation to the number of signal
However, for those who would like to check the actual signal
strength, there is a simple procedure to set your iPhone to display an
actual signal strength value through the Field Test Mode. Here is how
your do it:
- Dial *3001#12345#* and press Call
- Now you are in test mode and the "bars" are replaced with signal level (dBm power is a negative number, with 0 being strongest)
- Hold the OFF button to get Slide to Power OFF
- Let go the OFF button and now hold Home key down until you return to the Home screen
- Now tapping on the antenna meter toggles between Bars and Signal Strength!
- If the value does not update regularly, force updates by making and ending calls.
- To undo the setting, dial *3001#12345#* and press Call. Then press the Home button once.
- If you or someone you know would benefit from a signal booster, click the buy link to see if your carrier supports Cel-Fi!
The following video link demonstrates the difference in how the coverage bars are calculated on an IPhone and an Android phone - please click here.