Proxim Tsunami MP.11 Series
Wireless is a global pioneer of end-to-end broadband wireless systems
that deliver the quadruple play of video, voice, data and mobility. From
Wi-Fi to wireless Gigabit Ethernet our WLAN, Wi-Fi Mesh, WiMAX and
point-to-point wireless backhaul products are available through our
extensive global channel networks.
The Next-Generation Broadband Wireless Access Solution Adds WiMAX Functionality
Today Proxim Wireless is proud to introduce enhanced features to the field-proven TsunamiTM MP.11 point-to-multipoint product line.
The MP.11 series has enabled municipalities and service providers to bridge the digital divide, increase productivity, cut network costs, and create new business opportunities all through advanced broadband wireless networking.
Provides Flexible Channel Planning support for 2.4 GHz, 5.3 GHz, 5.4 GHz
and 5.8 GHz unlicensed frequency bands and 4.9 GHz frequency band for
public safety market (licensed in US).
Fast handoff at speeds up to 200 km per hour (120 miles per hour) with
handoff times as low as 40 ms with customizable roaming options.
WiMAX Based QoS
Enables quadruple-play applications - video, voice, data and mobility with low latency and IEEE 802.16 QoS.
Fast Installation & Lower maintenance
Our DDRS, spectrum analyzer, and audio alignment tools dramatically
reduce the guesswork associated with initial deployment and post-sales
Our ProximVision ES centralized network management system can easily
configure and monitor your CPE network remotely from a PC in your command
Advanced AES encryption for military-grade over-the-air communications,
and radio mutual authentication to eliminate rogue units/man-in-the-middle
Advanced features include: WiMAX Quality of Service (QoS); roaming with seamless handoffs at speeds up to 200 km/hour; dynamic frequency selection (DFS), which has already received ETSI 301-893 v1.5.1 and FCC-DFS (part 15) certification, and extended range.
Outdoor & Indoor Models
Available in outdoor and indoor models, the MP.11 series is capable of supporting converged voice, video and data transmission in fixed and mobile applications, bringing capabilities of the IEEE 802.16e (mobile WiMAX) standard to market now, for license-free frequency bands available globally. Existing MP.11 installations can even be upgraded in the field.
- Frequency support for 2.4GHz with 13 total channels and four 5GHz bands (5.15, 5.25, 5.47, and 5.725 GHz) with 80+ non-overlapping channels
- Scalable performance from 6 to 54 Mbps all selectable via simple user interfaces
- Advanced revenue-enhancing features are standard – including flexible bandwidth provisioning for DSL, T1 or Ethernet-like tiered services as well as NAT and DHCP for IP-based storage and e-mail hosting
- Extended network coverage: High Power 5054-R-LR version provides extended range up to 20 miles (Supports 5.15-6.08 GHz)*
WiMAX QoS Provides New Revenue Opportunities for Service Providers
IEEE 802.16 (WiMAX) QoS provides a higher level of prioritization than any available 802.1-based schemes from currently existing products.
As many as eight classes of service, with up to eight service flows per class, are supported. This is especially important for emerging services like VoIP and streaming video applications.
As a result, service providers will have more options for managing their bandwidth more effectively and can make better, more informed decisions about their service management strategies and revenue-generating opportunities.
Mobile Roaming Enables New Applications
Proxim innovation delivers another wireless industry first mobile roaming of Subscriber Units (SU) between Base Station Units (BSU).
Public safety first responder networks, transportation system monitoring and telemetry, and mobile security and surveillance are now all possible with a low cost, robust system.
Adaptive Wireless Network Optimizes Performance
- Fast handoff at speeds up to 200 km per hour (120 miles per hour) with handoff times as low as 40ms
- Customizable roaming parameter maintains minimum bandwidth required for application performance
Using advanced OFDM technology and Wireless Outdoor Routing Protocol (WORP), MP.11 networks dynamically adapt to the ever-changing network load for optimum performance.
Advanced Security Protects Privacy
- WORP adapts to avoid collisions and maximizes data content with each transmission
- Dynamic Data Rate Selection automatically compensates for temporary link degradation, maintaining robust connectivity and mitigating service calls
Multiple security mechanisms protect operator, residential customer and enterprise privacy.
Designed for Fast Installation and Lower Maintenance Cost
- Weatherized enclosure allows co-location on rooftops – limiting physical access
- Proxim’s Wireless Outdoor Routing Protocol (WORP) prevents snooping common to Wi-Fi systems
- Advanced encryption protects over-the-air transmission
- Intra cell blocking forbids direct communication between Subscriber Units
- BSU and SU mutual authentication eliminates unauthorized use of system by rogue SUs and man-in-the middle attacks
- Password protection of all remote management methods
MP.11 radios incorporate hardware and software features that reduce labor costs associated with initial deployment and post-sales maintenance.
Investment Protection for Current Tsunami MP.11 Model 5054 (MP.11a) customers
- With Peltier heating and cooling technology inside a ruggedized enclosure, the MP.11 products can be deployed in extreme weather conditions
- Decrease Subscriber Unit configuration time with integrated and vertical/horizontal polarized antennas
- Eliminate guess work in locating the remote antennas with audible tone and real-time signal strength measurements
- Support for both local and remote management, removing the need for expensive on-site supports
Customers of earlier versions of MP.11 can upgrade their products in the field with updates provided by latest software releases.
and Surveillance Wireless solutions for bandwidth-intensive and
high-definition IP-surveillance cameras located at important city and
transportation infrastructure such as airports, bridges and trains
and Residential Last-Mile Access Competitive broadband service
alternative to DSL or cable modems for residences and T1 or Ethernet for
- Metropolitan Area Networks Secure and reliable connectivity between city buildings
- Emergency First Responders Critical information delivery such as medical data and video feeds during in-progress events
Campus Connectivity Extend main network to remote branch offices,
warehouses or other out buildings without leased line
- Mobile Hot Spot On-demand entertainment and broadband access solutions for ferry, transit buses and railway system commuters
- Tsunami MP.11 Indoor Subscriber Unit with N-Type Male Connector
Proxim Tsunami MP Product Range
- Tsunami MP.11 Model 2454-R Base Station Unit with Type-N Connector
- Tsunami MP.11 Model 2454-R Subscriber Unit with Type-N Connector
- 2454- SUR
- Tsunami MP.11 Model 2454-R Subscriber Unit with Integrated 18-dBi Antenna
- Tsunami MP.11 Model 5054-R Base Station Unit with Type-N Connector
- Tsunami MP.11 Model 5054-R Subscriber Unit with Type-N Connector
- 5054- SUR
- Tsunami MP.11 Model 5054-R Subscriber Unit with Integrated 23-dBi Antenna
- Tsunami MP.11 Model 5054-R-LR High Power, Base Station Unit with Type-N
- Tsunami MP.11 Model 5054-R-LR High Power, Subscriber Unit with Type-N
- 5054- SUR -LR
- Tsunami MP.11 Model 5054-R-LR High Power, Subscriber Unit with Integrated
- Tsunami MP.11 Model 4954-R Base Station Unit with Type-N Connector
- Tsunami MP.11 Model 4954-R Subscriber Unit with Type-N Connector
- Tsunami MP.11 Model 4954-R Subscriber Unit with Integrated 21-dBi Antenna
Documents & Downloads
- PMP Product Portfolio